February 28th, 2022
Parents really want to make sure that their children don't get cavities, but how do they help prevent the cavities?
- Have your child's first dental visit before the age of 1. This allows your child to have an established dental home to ensure they have the proper care.
- Take your child to the dentist regularly! We recommend taking your child to the dentist at least twice a year.
- Help your child brush 2x/day, 2 minutes each time.
- Give your child a balanced diet full of low-sugary foods.
We always want to do everything we can to prevent cavities and keep your child's smiles bright!
February 11th, 2022
A lot of parents often wonder how cavities start? A lot of factors can go into why a child may get cavities, but here's a simple overview of how a cavity is formed.
- All of the foods and beverages we eat and drink contain sugar. This sugar sticks to our teeth until we brush them.
- We all have bacteria living in our mouths that love sugar. The sugar becomes a food source for the bacteria that allows them to make acid. This acid causes our teeth to break down!
- Over time, the breakdown of the tooth continues and a hole forms. This is a cavity!
So how do we prevent cavities?
- Brushing at least 2x/day for a minimum of 2 minutes each time. Also don't forget to floss!
- Limiting the amount of sugary foods and beverages that we eat and drink.
- Visiting the dentist at least 2x/year for regular check ups!
Let's all work together to help our teeth by cavity-free!