What greater way to celebrate Halloween than with tasty and healthy snacks? This is a fun recipe to do with your child that's interactive and yummy!
Monster Apple Bites
- 2 Apples - any color of your choice! (We chose green apples).
- 1/4 cup of nut butter - any butter of your choice if your child is allergic to nuts! (We chose peanut butter).
- 1/4 cup of seeds - any seed of your choice that look like teeth! (We chose pumpkin seeds, but you can also use sunflower seeds).
- 2-3 strawberries
- Handful of sugar googly eyes - these are available for purchase from the bakery aisle
- Quarter each apple to create the monster. Cut the middle out of the slice to create a mouth - doesn't need to be perfect because you'll be filling in the gap with your nut butter!
- Coat the inside of the "mouth" with the nut butter.
- Place seeds along the top of the "mouth" to make teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside of the "mouth" to create a tongue.
- Dab each googly eye with a bit of nut butter to stick the eyes to the apple slice.
- Ta-da! Monster apples!
Hope this brings your child happy smiles on Halloween!